How to make a weekly schedule
1. Click 'Add'
Click the 'Add' button in the top right to add a schedule for yourself or a member of your team
2. Drag to re-arrange the schedule
Re-arrange the schedule by dragging the shifts. You can click individual shifts to add a title, change the colour or add additional information
3. Print or download it
Stay on track by printing out your schedule or saving it to your device
Want more scheduling features?
If you are looking for a more advanced scheduling app with features like shift swaps, clock-in/out, time-off requests and more, try Coast.Try Coast for Free
Still have questions?
How do I plan a weekly schedule for my team?
A weekly schedule is a great tool for organising shifts, tasks or events.
- Start by listing the people you need to schedule and ask them their scheduling preferences. For example, can one of your team only work on weekdays? Or do certain members of your team enjoy working together? The most effective schedulers know that being considerate up-front prevents clashes and shift-swaps later on.
- Next, discover your scheduling requirements. For example, your opening hours or that you might always need a cashier and a manager present.
- Start making the schedule, balancing scheduling preferences against your scheduling requirements
- Share the schedule and ask for feedback, so your team can find cover or swap shifts if required
You can also use your weekly schedule for more than just shift planning. Try making an alternative schedule that helps your team focus on their most important tasks. For example, you could assign Monday for admin work, Tuesday for outbound sales and Friday afternoons for a team building activity.
What size is the schedule?
When printed, the schedule is the size of a standard piece of paper (8.5 x 11 inches) in a landscape orientation.
When downloaded, you’ll get an image file and a spreadsheet you can open in Excel. These can be resized and printed as required.
What does a weekly schedule look like?
A weekly schedule is a table, with days of the week as the column headers and assignees as rows. Color-coding can be used to make the document easier to understand.